A title tag is an HTML element that specifies the title of a web page. Title tags are displayed in the browser tab and are also used by search engines to determine the contents of a page.
The title tag is the most important on-page SEO element. It tells both users and search engines what the page is about. A good title tag should be:
- Accurate: The title should accurately describe the page’s content
- Relevant: The title should be relevant to the page’s content
- Concise: The title should be as concise as possible
How to Write Title Tags for SEO
Writing title tags for SEO is not as simple as it may seem. There are a number of factors to consider, such as:
- The length of the title tag
- The placement of keywords
- The use of stop words
- The use of capitalization
Here are some tips for writing title tags that are both SEO-friendly and user-friendly:
- Use keywords wisely: Keywords should be used in the title tag, but they should be used wisely. Stuffing keywords into the title tag will not only make the title look spammy, but it will also hurt your SEO. Choose one or two keywords that accurately describe the page’s content and use them sparingly.
- Keep it short and sweet: The title tag should be as concise as possible. A good rule of thumb is to keep the title tag under 60 characters.
- Place keywords at the beginning: Placing keywords at the beginning of the title tag is important for two reasons. First, it helps the search engine understand what the page is about. Second, it helps users quickly identify whether the page is relevant to their search.
- Use stop words sparingly: Stop words are words like “a”, “an”, “the”, and “of”. They are common words that don’t add much meaning to a sentence. While stop words are not completely banned from title tags, they should be used sparingly. too many stop words can make a title tag look spammy.
- Use capitalization wisely: Capitalization can be used to make a title tag more readable. For example, “How to Write Title Tags for SEO” is more readable than “how to write title tags for SEO”. However, don’t go overboard with capitalization. Using all caps or too much capitalization can make a title tag look spammy.
- Use branding: Branding is important for both users and search engines. Including your brand name in the title tag not only helps users identify your website, but it also helps you build brand awareness.
I’m Md Shimul an SEO expert & digital marketer who have been working local & international marketplace like Fiverr, Upwork. My goal is to provide SEO and Digital Marketing services, so they can focus on their business while I take care of theirs.